BPT Arts Calendar
Stay connected to the Bridgeport Art scene year-round.
Mar 28 @ 11:30 AM – 2:30 PM
In this class, students will work independently on their own journal and mixed media pages.
Students wil be learning how to do a “brain dump.” and then begin creating art on top of their writing. We will also work on a larger canvas piece along with the smaller pages.
- Introductions to new materials and various methods that involve layers upon layers of paint, textures, words, drawings, stencils, images and more will be given in each class. Symbolism, synonyms, phrases, and free writing will help each artist create their own page.
- This class is messy, please dress for the mess.
Sample Class Format
- In this class we begin by taking a moment for ourselves and writing a journal page.
- We will then cover the text with gesso and begin the process of exploring styles and mediums that can be used to create with.
- Every class is unique for each student.
- Each week may consist of writing or creating, depending on the student.
Subscribe to filtered calendar